Having already received a number of exciting and intriguing proposals for this year's Light Moves Screendance Symposium, this is the final call for submissions for this year’s symposium.
Closing date: Thursday 7 July 2016
Proposals should be emailed to email@example.com
Light Moves festival takes place in Limerick from 3-6 November 2016.
Full details of the Open Call are available below.
The symposium sits within Light Moves festival of Screendance and aims to encourage artistic and scholarly exchange, debate and discussion in screendance and related disciplines including performance, dance, film, visual arts, sound and text. Proposals are invited from practitioners and scholars for max. 20-minute presentations. Experimental and/or group formats of presentation are welcome.
The theme for the 2016 symposium is Identity in Focus - Body, Site and Frame. It invites considerations on the nature of identity in the fields of screendance, film, dance and media and their relationship to wider fields of study in the context of this theme.
Papers and project presentations may include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Urban and rural identities | boundaries and borders
- Identity (per) forming: age, gender and culture
- Contexts | fluid possibilities
- Landscapes: environmental and geo-political
- Seeing screendance... identifying with... identity beyond
- Dancing in the frame
- Our identity in relation | otherness
- Embodying history: renewal / appropriation / archive
- Locating bodies in fragmented space and time
- Bodies, galleries and cinematic works exhibited
- Identity in sound and site
- Image identity / movement identity
Proposals for presentations/papers should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Thursday 7 July 2016
Proposals should be submitted in .doc / .docx format only.
Proposals should be no more than 300 words and must include:
- Presentation title
- 300 word abstract, to include a brief description of the questions, concepts and topics to be explored
- Preferred presentation format/approach
- AV requirements
- Website links to support the proposal, where appropriate
- Short biography and high resolution headshot (jpeg) of applicant.
Light Moves is Ireland’s international festival dedicated to the art of dance on film and video art with movement as a central theme, and is a response to the vibrant and expanding field of dance film / screendance in Ireland and internationally. The festival combines screenings, invited works, open submissions and - through a screendance lab and symposium - explorations of screendance with some of the most respected figures in the field. Light Moves is curated by Jürgen Simpson and Mary Wycherley and produced by Dance Limerick. The festival is supported by the Arts Council and Limerick City and County Council. Queries to email@example.com